Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 4th....one year later

What a whirlwind of a year this last one has been! I was blessed to be able to be in Washington D.C. last year for the 4th of July and this year I felt blessed again to spend it with my amazing family. I am so excited to show how far I have become-I'm happier than I thought I could be. When Josh and I got divorced I didn't know that I could be truly happy again-but I think I have found that again. I have realized that I hadn't been happy for a long time with myself leading to letting myself go and getting deeper into a hole of depression and self loathing. I can look back now and see that and say that-at the time I couldn't. 2010 was a rough year. When I went to D.C. in 2011 I thought I was happy-I had lost 20 lbs. or so and thought I was doing good but I was still hung up on the past. Looking back now I almost don't recognize myself-more the "pretending to be happy Alli"-I have very few pictures from the last few years because I wasn't happy. But I feel like I have found a place where I am now happy and secure with who I am. I feel blessed for the life I lead. To those that have stuck by me-THANK YOU! To those that have left my life for one reason or another-Good luck! I am loving who I have become and enjoying the journey. I have met some friends who I can't imagine my life without-ones who I look back and can't remember not being friends with-whose children have become adopted nieces and nephews-Thank you Cathy and Diane. Ok enough of the talking....here are my official one year pictures :) 75+ lbs gone! But that doesn't count the emotional weight that I no longer feel! July 4, 2011 I was "blending" at the art museum.
Before heading out for the bbq!
July 2012 at Magna Park-fireworks with the family!
Side by side!

3 comments:

Janalyn said...

Alli J!! You are incredible!!! Seriously, so amazing! 12 days and we will be havin' a blasty blast driving to st. geezy!!!! bring on the partying!

Jamie and Dave Neumann said...

I am glad you are doing well. You look great! I miss you!!!

Camille said...

You look so great! I'm happy for you!